Taking influence from intense contemporaries like the now defunct Blakfish and the technical ferocity of The Dillinger Escape Plan, the album is a sledgehammer of a record that takes no prisoners in its head-down, full frontal assault on the senses. Following on from debut EP ‘Pile O’Knives’ this release is the next logical step – one notch more rabid on the foaming-at-the-mouth insanity scale, satisfyingly bulked out in the haymaker riffs department and lyrically disturbingly more diverse, with topics ranging from discussions on an afterlife without religion to the downright bizarre ravings of a madman being a metaphor for a penis.
Stillbust – A Few Things We Might Agree On (A Few Things We Might Not)
The Debut Album from crazy Hardcore dudes Stillbust!
1. If you don’t like video games (you probably have other interests)
2. Tastes like asbestos (from little Richard came)
3. How much we sound like Rise Against (and other things we shouldn’t say to each other)
4. Ball (sac magique)
5. Physicist at a funeral (godless thoughts on death)
6. This box is for standing on (but look how big it is!)
7. First world (band) problems
8. There’s a difference between being arrogant and being right (but you wouldn’t realize that because you’re not as smart as me)
9. Squid and human are close to each other (herring is the outgroup)
10. Be optimistic (said the mayfly)
Banging Bargain CD